One of the most popular questions we have been getting the past week is ‘How do I return my Library books ?’ There are currently three options right now:
1. If you are on campus packing up your dorm Monday – Friday from 9 am – 2:30 pm, you can drop them off at the library, which will be staffed weekdays from 9 am – 3 pm.
2. If you are on campus packing up your dorm Saturdays and Sundays, there will be a clearly marked bin outside our loading dock doors (facing the AIC building) which you can deposit all your borrowed books (no tech items, please!) .
3. If you can’t take advantage of the first two options, you can leave your borrowed books and tech items in your dorm, and Res Life said they will be collecting the items and returning them to the Library.
Under NO circumstances can you return your Bookstore ‘rentals’ to the Library – you must return them yourself to the Bookstore. We are not responsible for returning your loans to the bookstore. No exceptions!!
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Library at 401-232-6125 (Monday – Friday, 9 am – 3 pm) or chat with a librarian in the chat box on our homepage.
Did you know? You can now check out Magazines and Journals at the library.
Along with reading them in the comfy library chairs, you can take some back issues of Psychology Today or check out the latest AdWeek and enjoy them outside of the library. The Douglas and Judith Krupp library holds the most recent issues of international, national and local newspapers as well. These physical periodicals, magazines and journals are located across from the leisure reading section and to your right as you enter the library.
Are you off campus and away from Bryant? You can also access free digital magazines as well through Flipster. You can view the magazines on your computers, tablet or phone. Currently, the library subscribes to Time, Sports Illustrated and Travel & Leisure on Flipster. If you’re at Bryant and would like to peruse the magazines, come and use the iPad that’s set up by the Borrower Services Desk. You can take a look at the magazines on the tablet stand. Come by to browse and check some out today.
Take a look and see how you can access our digital magazines!
The library now has 3 iPad Minis to loan out!
Same deal as the iPad 2… you can check it out for 7 days, with an option to renew for an additional 7 days, and these are available to Bryant students, staff, and faculty only. If you come by and we don’t have any available, you can ask to be put on our waiting list.
It’s the iPad, but smaller.
But, you know, bigger than your phone.
Either way, enjoy it, and let us know what you think!
So you’re all probably aware by now that we have second generation iPads and Amazon Kindle e-readers that we lend out here at the library, but were you aware of the other cool toys we have available for you to check out now?
- Student Laptops – We’ve had laptops for you to check out for student use in the library for several years now, but this year there’s a big change to our process: now they can actually leave the building. Working on a project and your laptop is on fritz, or maybe you don’t have one at all? You can now check out one of ours for up to a week, with a renewal period of an additional week (please note that these are for matriculating Bryant undergrad and graduate students only).
- Rosetta Stone Laptops – We now have 7 laptops that come loaded with Rosetta Stone language software to help you learn French, Spanish, Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese, Gaelic, Russian, and Italian (1 language per laptop). Bryant students, faculty, and staff members can check these out for up to 4 weeks, with a renewal period of an additional 2 weeks.
- Kindle Fires – Besides the regular Amazon Kindle e-readers, we now also have Kindle Fire tablets available to lend to Bryant students, faculty, and staff. These Android-powered tablets can hook up to your Amazon account, allowing you to purchase ebooks and magazines (and download any previous purchases), as well as download a variety of apps (Comixology looks great on this, if I may offer a suggestion). These can be checked out for a week and renewed for an additional week.
- Lenovo ThinkPad Slates – These tablets are also Android-powered, but come with a detachable USB keyboard/case and stylus, making them sort of the midpoint between a laptop and an iPad. Bryant students, faculty, and staff can check these out for a week (and renew for another week), download apps through Google Play (Comixology also looks great here… just sayin’), and really take it for a spin.
The iPads and Kindles aren’t going anywhere, and are still available for your use, but we heartily encourage you to explore and play with these other awesome options we now offer. And as always, if you have any questions, stop by, call (232-6125), or email (circdesk AT bryant DOT edu) us!
If you’ve come to the desk asking about getting an iPad – or have been patiently sitting on the waiting list for a while – you’ve no doubt noticed that there are currently none to be had. Due to known security problems with iMessage that could lead to privacy issues for users, we’ve had to pull the iPads from circulation for the time being. We’re looking into a solution, but haven’t been able to find anything satisfactory yet, and don’t have any sort of time frame as to when we can get the issue fixed. So, for now, we don’t have any iPads to lend out, and we won’t be taking any additional names for the waiting list. We apologize for the inconvenience, but it is with your informational safety in mind that we’re taking these steps.
Thanks for the understanding.